Department: Shipping & Receiving
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Shift: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Training shift may be 6:00 am – 2:30 pm and flexibility to work over time required.
Job Description Summary
The Shipping Clerk I position is an entry level role primarily responsible for processing and scheduling all daily product shipments. Shipping all orders by end of day is the primary focus. We will cross train the Shipping Clerk on various shipping department activities. Teamwork, attention to detail and good communication are skills that complement the team. The general hours are Monday through Friday from 6 am until 2:30 pm (depending on when work is completed).
The duties and responsibilities of an Shipping Clerk will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare orders for shipping including: Picking parts for orders, reading the pick list and counting to ensure all items in pick list are complete.
- Process incoming UPS and FedEx packages.
- Verify all shipments are complete.
- Load and Unload all trucks as required in Shipping and Receiving.
- Assist in organization of shipments on pallets when necessary.
- Performs scheduled routine custodial duties that include lifting, sweeping, removing trash and other duties necessary to maintain safe and clean areas.
- Adheres to all safety regulations, maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Maintain knowledge of all assembly and packaging requirements.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of organization and attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate respect and willingness to collaborate with all team members.
- Flexible schedule required; position requires overtime as needed, as well as occasional weekend shift.
- Basic PC/Computer skills are required; specifically MS Outlook and Excel.
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Extended periods of standing is required; up to 8 hours per day.
- Bend, twist, kneel, and reach with ease and no discomfort.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic math skills are required.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Position is a member of a warehouse environment which includes dust and debris, frequent loud noises, concrete floors, varying temperatures, and other production staff members.
Workrite is a dedicated equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Workrite encourages applicants of all ages.
Position resides in company headquarters located in Petaluma. Position is a member of Production team located in a manufacturing environment with varied climates and noise.
APPLY: Please send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org