Careers @ Workrite Ergonomics
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Workrite Ergonomics is an equal opportunity employer offering a great work environment and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401(k) program with company match and life insurance after waiting period. Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday, start at date of hire. In addition, we offer a comprehensive wellness program, employee assistance program, product discounts, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code, and various employee celebrations.
Workrite Ergonomics prides itself on creating a place to work that strives for the highest standards and we are proud to be designated as a “Great Rated” company. Learn more about our culture and why our employees love being a member of the Workrite team – Click Here.
If you are looking for a career development opportunity, excellent compensation and benefits package, plus the challenge and excitement of a growing company, then make the move to Workrite! Opportunities exist at our headquarters in Petaluma, California and in sales positions throughout the United States.
Thank you for your interest with employment at Workrite Ergonomics. If an open position matches your interests and qualifications, please apply per the instructions within the job posting link below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position. Workrite is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
The Manufacturing Engineer focuses on the continuous improvement of operations and manufacturing processes through lean concepts and activities. Result requires this person to have broad knowledge with equipment and tools with the ability to effect change through influence. This person is very hands-on, effectively interacts with production personnel, Engineering, and Quality and Manufacturing teams to ensure lean plans are created and implemented.
Education and Experience:
- Significant manufacturing experience or significantly equivalent technical degree and experience combination.
- B.S. Degree in Manufacturing Engineering and or Mechanical Engineering.
- Ten or more years of Manufacturing Engineering and Quality experience.
- New Product Developments and introduction to the manufacturing environment.
- Experience with case good furniture manufacturing techniques and machinery (CNC, Woodworking Straight/Contour Edgebander) preferred.
- Improves production efficiency, employee training and report findings to the organization.
- Completes beginning to end manufacturing process planning to include DFM feedback and continuous improvement.
- Designs new lean processes and/or evaluate and implement existing concepts with “best-in-class” manufacturing techniques.
- Participates and leads lean manufacturing activities such as Kaizen events.
- Creates work instructions and standardized work.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations on manufacturing Quality Assurance processes.
- Creates manufacturing and assembly methods to be adopted by the production line.
- Recommends and develops tooling and fixturing for assembly processes.
- Coordinates product packaging solutions for sustaining and new products by incorporating marketing and product engineering needs.
- Calculates workspace requirements and determines strategies to utilize the workspace effectively.
- Calculates production costs, evaluates existing production resources, and prepares plans for upcoming manufacturing requirements.
- Estimates the resources for specific or special projects.
- Provides direction, training of production personnel with respect to the production workflow to include spikes in the schedule.
- Analyzes manufacturing methods, production processes and the production schedule involved in delivering sustaining and supporting NPD / NPI process.
- Incorporates Engineering drawings and specifications into process flow design techniques and provide feedback to capture lessons learned.
- Creates, implements and monitors key performance indicators and metrics.
- Coordinates facilities/plant improvements and upgrades.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.)
- Advanced understanding of Drafting to ASME Y14.1000 and GD&T to ASME Y14.5 – 2009 standards. Experience designing tools and fixtures, preferably using Solidworks.
- Experience with 2D/3D CAD design software such as SolidWorks and knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Knowledge and application of general and Lean Manufacturing.
- Ability to plan and execute Manufacturing activities with strong leadership, project planning, and interfacing skills.
- Working knowledge of various production processes including molding, die-casting, extruding, stamping and forming, machining, painting and powder coating.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and effectively establish priorities. Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and successfully develop and execute tactical implementation plans.
- Strong sense of team with ability to inspire and motivate others to identify opportunities and solve problems. Open minded to input from others and willing to readily accept ideas from many different sources. Working effectively with vendors and outside partners.
- Strong sense of urgency, problem solving skills, and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- This position requires ability to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Coordinating among departments and within the company requires the ability to move freely around the facility.
- Must be able to complete work in the Engineering lab/Manufacturing floor to trouble shoot mechanical issues and support prototyping.
- May require travel to domestic and/or international vendors.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds.
The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to increase sales through managing territory, and meeting and/or exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets. Territory managers are also the face of the company in local markets and responsible for creating and representing the company at all times. Being a Territory Manager includes not only selling to end-users and working with office furniture dealers, but they must also be able to work and present to ergonomists, A&D firms, and other organizations and people that influence office design and ergonomic furniture sections.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be accurate and well organized.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have working knowledge of computer, fax, and copy machine, as well as Microsoft Office products.
- Highly motivated, financially focused self-starters.
- Must have strong relationship-building and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to successfully close sales.
- SalesForce.com, ACT! or similar database experience.
Education and Experience:
- One to five years sales experience, preferably in the contract furniture/office furniture industry.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop potential customer list.
- Market directly to all prospects and customers in your territory.
- Develop a working knowledge of Workrite product features and benefits, applications, installation, and organization capabilities.
- Research products and activities of competitors in your area.
- Develop a working knowledge of office ergonomics and issues related to the office furniture industry.
- Cultivate relationships among dealers, designers, and ergo-specifiers, and influence them to promote Workrite products.
- Install demonstration samples for evaluation by clients.
- Arrive promptly and well prepared for appointments.
- Employ consultative selling techniques: build rapport, listen carefully for wants and needs, relate benefits and features to customer interests, qualify, probe for and identify issues, trial close, assume sales, handle objections, and make it easy for customers to order Workrite products.
- Maintain and grow existing customer business.
- Participate and exhibit at customer and dealer vendor events.
- Follow-up with customers to ensure satisfaction; ask for referrals.
- Handle oral and written communications with customers, dealers, and Workrite staff.
- Take lead in tracking special requests, unusual orders, and important deliveries.
- Keep abreast of product performance and delivery information that affects your customers.
- Coordinate team-selling efforts with other Workrite Representatives.
- Customer Service:
- Respond promptly to customer concerns and complaints about quality, performance, delivery, or installation issues.
- Handle simple service issues quickly, evaluate problems, work with factory to offer solutions, etc.
- Oversee installations when necessary to ensure continued purchases and satisfied customers.
- Submit timely, accurate, complete, and legible expense, demo, and sales projection reports, project and account registrations, and split commission agreements, volume discount agreements, and other information as required.
- Control samples account balance through accurate record keeping, direct billing, and judicious disposition
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- This position also requires the ability to move throughout client facilities, to lift and carry items, and to stoop, bend, and kneel.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis and up to 75 pounds on occasion.
- Must reside within 30 miles of designated territory.
- Position is located in incumbent’s home office.
- Position requires frequent travel (approximately 50% of time spent traveling; 25% of that time on overnight travel) throughout designated territory.