Careers @ Workrite Ergonomics
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Workrite Ergonomics is an equal opportunity employer offering a great work environment and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401(k) program with company match and life insurance after waiting period. Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday, start at date of hire. In addition, we offer a comprehensive wellness program, employee assistance program, product discounts, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code, and various employee celebrations.
Workrite Ergonomics prides itself on creating a place to work that strives for the highest standards and we are proud to be designated as a “Great Rated” company. Learn more about our culture and why our employees love being a member of the Workrite team – Click Here.
If you are looking for a career development opportunity, excellent compensation and benefits package, plus the challenge and excitement of a growing company, then make the move to Workrite! Opportunities exist at our headquarters in Petaluma, California and in sales positions throughout the United States.
Thank you for your interest with employment at Workrite Ergonomics. If an open position matches your interests and qualifications, please apply per the instructions within the job posting link below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position. Workrite is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County. We are currently seeking a Director of Finance and Controller.
The position is responsible for the management and supervision of the finance/accounting department staff in the performance of the department’s functions, ensuring that workflows are organized, effective and timely. Finance functions include the preparation of annual operating plans and financial projections, determining and managing analytical revenue generating and cost saving projects for the company’s operating departments (sales, manufacturing, customer service, engineering and others) and treasury management. Accounting functions include management of transaction systems for AP, AR, payroll, inventory, fixed assets and general ledger. The position will lead the department to accumulate, analyze and review information for the preparation of, ledgers, analytical reports and financial statement reports for use both inside and outside the company.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting
• 10+ years of exposure to a variety of transactional accounting requirements
• 5+ years in a manufacturing/distribution environment, preferably with inventory costing responsibility
• 7+ years in a supervisory role, preferably at the senior management level for at least a portion of that time
• Computerized accounting systems experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High degree of initiative, sound independent judgment and problem solving ability
• Highly professional in dealings with clients and co-workers
• Excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to interface effectively with senior management
• Ability to embrace changes of a growing company
• Ability to lead, manage and direct staff
• Strong computer software (SW) skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Accounting SW Systems
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks
• Must have “hands-on” approach
• High level of integrity and work ethic; appropriate handling of confidential information
• Strong commitment to continuous quality improvement
Essential Job Functions: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following essential functions of the job satisfactorily on a full-time basis.
• Exceptional business modeling and analysis skills, including the use of Excel
• Lead the budgeting and planning process, including forecasting/scenario analysis
• Responsible for the delivery of timely and accurate, internal and external financial and managerial reporting, including annual review by external CPA firm(s)
• Pursue business issues impacting financial results in a proactive and self-directed manner; partner with operations management in developing solutions
• Responsible for tax (income, sales, property) compliance and planning
• Review of risk management (insurance) programs and broker relationships
• Coordinate with IT and assure high quality financial controls and systems
• Coordinate with HR on company benefits, including Fiduciary 401K plan responsibilities.
• Supervise the accounting staff in the day to day performance of activities in the accounting department (including Toronto, Ontario location)
• Structure and implement internal controls, accounting policies and procedures
• Perform financial variance analyses
• Manage the research and resolution of accounting entry and GAAP issues
• Ensure general ledger and sub-ledgers are reconciled with resolution to reconciling items with adjusting journal entries
• Oversee and perform daily cash management activities
• Direct and perform inventory and product cost accounting
• Manage accounting of bi-weekly payroll processing with HR department and outside service agency for 130+ employees
• Position requires the ability to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
• Coordinating among departments and within the company requires the ability to move freely around the facility.
• Position resides in company headquarters located in Petaluma.
• Position is a member of a professional office environment which includes sharing spaces with other administrative or production staff.