Careers @ Workrite Ergonomics
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Workrite Ergonomics is an equal opportunity employer offering a great work environment and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401(k) program with company match and life insurance after waiting period. Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday, start at date of hire. In addition, we offer a comprehensive wellness program, employee assistance program, product discounts, tuition reimbursement, casual dress code, and various employee celebrations.
Workrite Ergonomics prides itself on creating a place to work that strives for the highest standards and we are proud to be designated as a “Great Rated” company. Learn more about our culture and why our employees love being a member of the Workrite team: Workrite – Best Places to Work
If you are looking for a career development opportunity, excellent compensation and benefits package, plus the challenge and excitement of a growing company, then make the move to Workrite! Opportunities exist at our headquarters in Petaluma, California and in sales positions throughout the United States.
Thank you for your interest with employment at Workrite Ergonomics. If an open position matches your interests and qualifications, please apply per the instructions within the job posting link below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of a position. Workrite is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
The Mechanical Engineer applies knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and CAD, (SolidWorks) expertise to execute and further develop a product/product family, (driven by marketing group) as well as providing support for sustaining and customized projects. Position works with production, purchasing, tool design, suppliers, customers, sales, marketing and customer service in a team environment to ensure successful development and implementation of desired or revised products. This position will use engineering rigor to solve new product/design issues as well as sustain and improve existing product lines.
Education and Experience:
- S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or substantially equivalent technical degree and experience combination.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience of engineering and product design experience.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Translates customer, manufacturing, and marketing requirements into engineered product solutions in support of custom, sustaining, and new product development projects.
- Designs components and subsystems using SolidWorks and other design tools to meet specific requirements.
- Supports proposed solutions with engineering analysis and validation experiments.
- Documents and releases engineered solutions including part drawings, assembly drawings, control drawings, purchased part specifications, and bills of material.
- Works collaboratively with procurement group and vendors to provide sourcing solutions to design requirements.
- Initiates and reviews all cost estimates, drawings, and ECN’s associated with the assigned projects.
- May participate in vendor evaluation, selection, and qualification.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing, sales, marketing, and other internal groups.
- Executes multiple engineering projects simultaneously.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to plan and execute engineering product development activities with strong leadership, project planning, and interfacing skills.
- Working knowledge of various production processes including injection molding, die-casting, extruding, sheet metal stamping and forming, machining, painting, power coating, plating, and conversion coating.
- Experience/practical knowledge of:
- Regulatory and code requirements/compliance.
- Electrical/electronic hardware integration.
- Electrical/electronic design experience including: energy efficiency evaluation, thermal management, lighting efficacy evaluation, low-voltage power supply and connector and cable specification.
- Electrical actuators, motors, components, and wiring.
- Must work effectively with outside vendors and outside partners and customers.
- Excellent verbal communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- Strong commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to adapt to rapid changes of a rapidly growing company.
- Strong analytical skills, judgment, and problem solving ability.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, and responsiveness.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Powerpoint, and Project.
- Knowledge of MRP/ERP systems.
- Advanced SolidWorks proficiency including mechanical stress and strain analysis such as FEA.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
The Technical Illustrator works under the direction of the Marketing Communications Manager and is primarily responsible for the accurate creation, execution, and organization of technical product materials including product instructions, packaging, labels, etc.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- 2+ years of graphic design for a business to business or business to consumer organization.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign or comparable creative software programs. Working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
- In-depth understanding of production design practices and tools.
- Exceptional attention to detail with ability to develop and execute tactical implementation plans.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to develop and present audience appropriate materials.
- Ability to provide clear written and/or verbal direction to facilitate on-time, accurate completion of projects by internal staff as well as external vendor partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work cross-functionally and lead others to successful project completion.
- Mechanically competent with conceptual understanding of how products can be installed and put together
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism, ensuring the best possible outcome for every project.
- Willingness to have open conversations, identify opportunities for growth/development, and then work with others to meet developmental goals.
- Open minded to input from others and willing to readily accept ideas from many different sources.
- Sense of urgency and strong problem solving skills with a commitment to continuous quality improvement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive the implementation of technical product materials with primary responsibility for the creation of key product assets, including but not limited to product instructions, packaging, labels, etc.
- Facilitate the instruction process by being the liaison between Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Ability to multi-task and change directions quickly in a fast pace and constantly evolving environment.
- Facilitate cross department technical product material processes
- Look for continuous process improvement regarding all technical product materials and deliver process improvement recommendations to management
- Accurate, on-time delivery of all technical product assets.
- Support Graphic design specialist position during peak activities as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, professional certification (PHR) desired.
- Specialized training in organizational planning, compensation, and preventive labor relations.
- Affiliations with successful companies who practice effective Human Resources Management.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development. Well-developed administrative skills. Strong management skills—principles and people. Experienced working with parent company, shared resources and remote employees.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office products including Work, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Experience with HRIS- ADP desired.
- 10+ years’ experience gained through increasingly responsible managing positions within Human Resources.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as Human Resources manager of a company with 100 to 200 employees in a nonunion manufacturing and office environment.
- High energy level, hands on multitasker comfortable performing multiple tasks and projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities of a HR department that supports nearly 200 employees in two locations.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities. Sound judgment.
- Good communication skills.
- Resourceful and well organized.
- Participative management style – advocate of team concept.
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive but able to support the organization’s team and wellness oriented culture and priorities.
- Results and people oriented, but have sound judgment – ability to balance other business considerations.
- Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Enthusiastic spokesperson and supporter for the company inside and out.
- Strong believer in a culture of teamwork.
- Managerial and leadership skills to direct a small team but also influence department peers and teammates.
- Enjoys and flourishes in a hands-on working manager environment where leading by example is a cultural and leadership philosophy.
- Position requires the ability to work at a computer terminal for long periods of time.
- Coordinating among departments and within the company requires the ability to move freely around the facility. May be required to lift up to 20 lbs. on occasion.
- Position resides in company headquarters located in Petaluma, California.
- Requires occasional travel to our Toronto, Ontario or Grand Rapids, MI location(s) (2-3x times per year).
- Position is a member of a professional office environment which includes sharing spaces with other administrative or production staff.
Reports To: President
Hours: As Needed – Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Regular Employee, Exempt, Full Time
Pay Method: Exempt – Salary