Careers @ Workrite Ergonomics
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. Workrite welcomes talented and energetic individuals interested in joining our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Workrite Ergonomics is an equal opportunity employer offering a great work environment and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, 401(k) program with company match and life insurance after waiting period. Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday, start upon date of hire. In addition, we offer an employee assistance program, product discounts, tuition reimbursement and wellness program.If you are looking for a career development opportunity, an excellent compensation and benefits package, and the challenge and excitement of a growing company, then make the move to Workrite! Opportunities exist at our headquarters in Petaluma, California and in sales positions throughout the United States.
Workrite Ergonomics prides itself on creating a place of work that strives for the highest of standards and we are proud to be designated as a “Great Rated” company. Visit the following link to learn more about our culture and why our employees love being a member of the Workrite team – Click Here.
We appreciate your interest in employment opportunities with Workrite. If a position listed matches your interests and qualifications, please apply per the instructions listed in the current opening links below. Workrite is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Workrite Ergonomics is an internationally recognized leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of innovative ergonomic solutions for the office environment. We are currently seeking a Sales Assistant and Project Coordinator to join our dynamic, rapidly growing organization headquartered in the heart of Sonoma County.
Sales Assistant and Project Coordinator serves as point of contact for the Northern California Workrite Territory Managers. They assist the existing Territory Managers with outside sales efforts and after sales support and service. The Sales Assistant and Project Coordinator will operate under limited supervision, performing duties requiring sound business judgment, independent analysis and detailed knowledge of products and procedures.
Education and Experience:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years in a sales environment or equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 5 years of CRM and ERP experience, salesforce.com preferred.
- Office furniture industry experience preferred.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Track problem orders and assist with resolution working with various internal departments.
- Create, track and maintain database for Request for Quote for quick execution.
- Assist with Special Pricing Agreement maintenance.
- Assist with getting Volume Price Quote approvals completed on a timely basis.
- Assist Territory Managers with scheduling trainings, presentations, lunch and learns, etc.
- Process, track and follow up on all demo orders and requests submitted by Territory Managers ensuring that customer questions are addressed, that Workrite’s demo policy guidelines are adhered to and that management is provided with a summary update of demo activity within the first week of each month.
- Assist with coordination of demo and mock-up installations.
- Expedite special quotes to the field; coordinate mock-ups, order specification, installation; track project timelines.
Nonessential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Acts as liaison between sales force and headquarters providing feedback to sales, quality assurance and product management.
- Determines best methods to resolve problems ensuring customer satisfaction and adherence to company policies and best practices.
- Develop special marketing promos for Architects and Designers, dealers and end users.
- Ability to shadow with Territory Managers on sales calls as necessary or required.
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer sites to ensure proper product installation and ultimate customer satisfaction.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and effectively establish priorities.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of basic MS Office programs and ability to quickly learn new programs as required.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills with the ability to participate effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to present to a variety of audiences.
- Strong sense of urgency, problem solving skills, and commitment to continuous quality improvement.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet timelines in a fast-paced short-deadline environment.
- Superior customer service skills with a basic understanding of the selling process and a willingness to proactively expand that knowledge and skill set.
- Open minded to input from others and willing to readily accept ideas from many different sources.
- Positive attitude and willingness to proactively participate in problem solving with the goal of arriving at the best Workrite answer.
- Must be able to work at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Coordinating among departments and within the department requires ability to move from workstation periodically.
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Reports To: National Sales Manager
Category of Employment: Regular Employee, Exempt, Full Time
Hours: Monday thru Friday, Hours to be Determined with Manager
Pay Method: Salaried
Great working environment and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending, wellness program, 401(k) program with company match and life insurance after waiting period. Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holiday, at date of hire. Workrite Ergonomics values diversity. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Please click on the link to apply: https://workrite.myhrdeskjobs.com?jobid=2337-34479